Canon Photo Thursday April 4, 2024

Happy Thursday
Welcome to Canon Photo Thursday.

Time to share your epic, fun, cool, and/or interesting photo with everyone here on PN.
Show us your vision, your style, your projects, your travels, adventures, photo mission
s or just something you shot that captured your fancy. You all know the drill, post one,
two, three, or more photos shot from your Canon EOS Camera (SLR or DSLR or Mirrorless,
PowerShot, Rangefinder). Was your camera made by Canon? If so, post your shots.

Canon 5D MK IV

Northampton Park Sun Dial   (1 of 1).jpg

• Like 5
  • On Point 1
  • Yes! 1
Cheers, Mark

An attempt at creating art from a photo. Stacked 3 different exposures, played with HDR and Photoshop filters. Will struggle through learning brushes next.
Canon EOS 5d Mark III, EF 16-35mm f4L IS USM, 3 separate exposures.

201701125DM31924_5_6V3.2.jpg.a0838805d971f7d88b55aade964f1345.jpg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, mickeysimpson said:

An attempt at creating art from a photo. Stacked 3 different exposures, played with HDR and Photoshop filters. Will struggle through learning brushes next.
Canon EOS 5d Mark III, EF 16-35mm f4L IS USM, 3 separate exposures.

Cool stuff.😎

Cheers, Mark

On 4/4/2024 at 12:04 AM, Bill Neubaum said:

Took a recent bus trip to Washington DC, using my R7 and RF-S 18-150 for a walk-around.  The 29-240mm equiv is a nice range, and easy to carry.

72.JPG

05.JPG

69.JPG

09.JPG

I have that same combination, Bill, and that seems to be a decent lens. I just got the RF 50mm f/1.8 and am posting photos with that lens. Likewise it is good. 

• Like 1

Meanwhile, about 5 miles up the Lake Michigan shoreline.......R7 with 50mm f/1.8. A walk in the park after fasting bloodwork at the hospital followed by a skillet breakfast at a nearby restaurant. Preliminary results show that I can cheat a little bit more with pastries! At least that's my interpretation!

1Y0A1081.jpg

1Y0A1085.jpg

1Y0A1079.jpg

• Like 3
  • On Point 1

1 hour ago, ajkocu said:

Meanwhile, about 5 miles up the Lake Michigan shoreline.......R7 with 50mm f/1.8. A walk in the park after fasting bloodwork at the hospital followed by a skillet breakfast at a nearby restaurant. Preliminary results show that I can cheat a little bit more with pastries! At least that's my interpretation!

1Y0A1081.jpg

1Y0A1085.jpg

1Y0A1079.jpg

Nice stuff, ajkocu, I really like the R7, and since I got it, some of the other RF lenses I've gotten are the 35, 1.8 macro, the 100-400 that I really like, and the 100,2.8 macro that I haven't used much yet.

1 hour ago, Bill Neubaum said:

Nice stuff, ajkocu, I really like the R7, and since I got it, some of the other RF lenses I've gotten are the 35, 1.8 macro, the 100-400 that I really like, and the 100,2.8 macro that I haven't used much yet.

I've used the EF100mm IS macro with the EF to RF adapter and it works great on the R7.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 8:43 PM, Mark Keefer said:

Happy Thursday
Welcome to Canon Photo Thursday.

Time to share your epic, fun, cool, and/or interesting photo with everyone here on PN.
Show us your vision, your style, your projects, your travels, adventures, photo mission
s or just something you shot that captured your fancy. You all know the drill, post one,
two, three, or more photos shot from your Canon EOS Camera (SLR or DSLR or Mirrorless,
PowerShot, Rangefinder). Was your camera made by Canon? If so, post your shots.

Canon 5D MK IV

Northampton Park Sun Dial   (1 of 1).jpg

There are ways of getting the shutter actuation count on Canons, Mark. I watched a YouTube video of someone shuttering his Canon 7D to death! The shutter lasted about as long as Canon's prediction for that camera. 

2 minutes ago, ajkocu said:

I've used the EF100mm IS macro with the EF to RF adapter and it works great on the R7.

I have the EF 100 too, and got the RF because of the 1.4 X magnification ratio, wondering if it was worth it, time will tell!

1 minute ago, Bill Neubaum said:

I have the EF 100 too, and got the RF because of the 1.4 X magnification ratio, wondering if it was worth it, time will tell!

It should give you the same coverage unless you got the 1.4X extender to use with it. 

3 minutes ago, ajkocu said:

It should give you the same coverage unless you got the 1.4X extender to use with it. 

The EF goes to 1x and the RF goes to 1.4x.   You can't use the 1.4x or 2x tele-converter on either lens.

• 3 weeks later...

EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS adapted to my EOS M5, augmented with a Hoya ProND10000 filter

image.jpeg.8e8945866a2cd328214c912491938e8d.jpeg

One of a series shot off a deck on the south side of the house in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.

(Wanted to head up into NY state for totality, but weather forecast was pretty dismal.)

• Like 3