Cleaning Dust off of the sensor

zakslm

I've cleaned dust specks off of the sensor of my T7 a couple of times with a lens cleaning brush with good result.  I would characterize those cleanings as removing a few specs of dust that were visible to the naked eye and visible on the RAW files under the right circumstances like in clear blue skies, etc.   The last time there was also a speck of dust on the underside of the focusing screen and I took care of that with the brush as well.  However, I've read post that said a "rocket blower" is the best tool for dust removal and not to use a lens brush. 

I went to Amazon and searched rocket blowers appear to be basically a bulb type blower with a soft plastic or silicone tip that have been around for years.  There were different sizes and shapes of them including one that indeed looked like a rocket (albeit Flash Gordon's rocket) but I didn't order one and came here for recommendations first.  

I know that there are also sensor cleaning swaps for full frame and APS-C cameras like these (https://www.amazon.com/AAWipes-Sensor-Cleaning-Full-Frame-Sensors/dp/B082PS6Z91/ref=pd_bxgy_img_d_sccl_1/131-5125795-0130419?pd_rd_w=4rMJD&content-id=amzn1.sym.2b132e63-5dcd-4ba1-be9f-9e044543d59f&pf_rd_p=2b132e63-5dcd-4ba1-be9f-9e044543d59f&pf_rd_r=9Z8N0AV59ZJ2Z77BFAVG&pd_rd_wg=cf5T7&pd_rd_r=0b7a5e2c-ce58-4bbd-8182-9cee82ed83ae&pd_rd_i=B082PS6Z91&psc=1).  The type of cleaning I did with the brush was very minor and entailed removal of superficial dust specks and not really a cleaning of the entire sensor, so I'm not sure that even if I had a sensor cleaning swaba I would have one.  

I'm curious as to what those of you that clean your own sensors use and recommend?  

Your input and recommendations are greatly appreciated.  

Thank you!

• Like 1

I use a lens cleaning tissue held to a q-tip by a rubber bans. Breath on the sensor and wipe clean. I've come to accept the fact that spots appear on all sensors over time. Hopefully they are disguised by the photo in an unnoticeable area...blended right in. There are a hundred things that can go wrong when you press the shutter, this is just one more to deal with. Clone, crop, and don't change lenses outdoors.

• Like 1

In this photo you can see a pattern of mold in the lower left section of the photo. This is after a lot of cropping and cloning. Can't be cleaned off the sensor but unnoticeable in most of the rest of the photos. GF1, 14-45mm zoom at 45mm. 

P1000048p.jpg.e57002d9c3f631defb280159f8d79382.jpg