Color Negative Development - Any Luminar users?

Hello everyone, I am a Luminar user and have searched thoroughly for resources on how to develop colour negatives from my DSLR scans with Luminar. I am aware of automated/semi-automated solutions outthere but I am trying to stick to the software I know and own, maintaining a degree of control on color correction and at the same time trying to create my own presets to speed up the process.

Is anyone processing their negatives with Luminar or do I really have to switch to PS/Lightroom? Luminar´s manual is pretty limited on this topic and I have not been able to figure out how to, for example, create a fill layer with the frame border in order to reduce the color cast. Thankful for tips.

On 3/2/2024 at 7:21 AM, paddler4 said:

You might get more answers in the wet darkroom forum. This is the forum for digital darkroom work.

I'm not familiar with this work flow, but this reads like a digital darkroom question for me.

I think it's asking about "developing" the "scans"(photos of negatives taken with a DSLR) or presumably doing the color inversion/correction with a particular piece of software.

1 minute ago, ben_hutcherson said:

I'm not familiar with this work flow, but this reads like a digital darkroom question for me.

I think it's asking about "developing" the "scans"(photos of negatives taken with a DSLR) or presumably doing the color inversion/correction with a particular piece of software.

Exactly. It is about the color inversion, specifically if I have the basic tools in the Luminar software or have to move on to a different software (I´d rather not). I am trying to follow the workflow on Alex Burke´s Youtube video on Manual Inversion of Negative Film (in the digital realm), where he uses a simple fill layer to remove the color cast before the subsequent color correction. I am trying to avoid automated processes in order to understand the process and control a bit more the results.