W/NW 2024 Pic-O'-The-Week #7

Welcome to Week 7, of 2024 and the Leica and Rangefinders W/NW Thread! Here's a scene from the University Street light rail station, Seattle.

Leica IIIg, 50mm f/2 Summicron (Ver. 1 Collapsible), Kodak 400TMY.

AAA025 (2)-SharpenAI-Motion 2.jpg

Edited by allancobb
  • Like 7

Three performers at a recent community folk group session I attend. The group meets monthly at a local community hall, sing, play instruments, recite poetry (their own and others), and enjoy the fading light. Monochrom, with my go to lens, 75mm. Regards and best wishes, Arthur.

L1001960.jpg

L1001912.jpg

L1001952.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent! 2
  • Very Nice 2
  • On Point 1

On 2/15/2024 at 12:34 PM, Allen Herbert said:

First photo you have captured a essence of the character, Arthur.. 

Perfect light and sharpness.

Arthur loved these especially the  first.  Looks like he's playing the Scottish Parlour Pipes?  Sometimes called the small pipes or Northumberland Pipes.  Smaller and quieter brother of the Highland War Pipes. 

2 hours ago, httpwww.photo.netbarry said:

Arthur loved these especially the  first.  Looks like he's playing the Scottish Parlour Pipes?  Sometimes called the small pipes or Northumberland Pipes.  Smaller and quieter brother of the Highland War Pipes. 

I will have to ask him, if he attends next month, and I'll let you know. Despite my father hailing from Airdre (in between Glasgow and Edinburgh. He was 'loaned' by the British Army to go to Korea, and stayed on in the land down under), I know very little about Scottish pipes. Best wishes, Arthur.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2024 at 4:59 PM, httpwww.photo.netbarry said:

Yes, spoke to him today - we meet the first sunday afternoon of the month (went hoping to do some more photos, but the battery died after the fist photo. Still, it was a good day. Lots of rollicking singing and I was re-acquainted with Carl Jenkins' the armed man).  He described the pipes as 'Scottish small pipes' and said that they were different from Northumberland pipes (in what respect I cannot say). Regards, Arthur.

On 3/2/2024 at 11:40 PM, arthur_mcculloch2 said:

Yes, spoke to him today - we meet the first sunday afternoon of the month (went hoping to do some more photos, but the battery died after the fist photo. Still, it was a good day. Lots of rollicking singing and I was re-acquainted with Carl Jenkins' the armed man).  He described the pipes as 'Scottish small pipes' and said that they were different from Northumberland pipes (in what respect I cannot say). Regards, Arthur.

Thanks, yes they differ in certain ways and. some consider them similar. Thank your friend Arthur if you see him again. It's a bit rare to see a set of Small Pipes out in the wild :),