Canon Photo Thursday February 15, 2024

Mark Keefer

Happy Thursday, February 15, 2024, to all Canon Shooters and Photography enthusiasts.

I am starting this week's Canon Photo Thursday about 24 hours early as I will be tending to some other matters tomorrow and may not be able to start the thread tomorrow night. 

This is your chance to share your epic, fun, cool, and/or interesting photo with everyone here on PN. Show us your vision, your style, your projects, your travels, adventures, photo missions or just something you shot that captured your fancy. You all know the drill, post one, two, three, or more photos shot from your Canon EOS Camera (SLR or DSLR or Mirrorless, PowerShot, Rangefinder). Was your camera made by Canon? If so, post your shots.

This is Orr's Bridge Spring in Central PA, and we had snow in Southeastern PA today and the deer were visiting in my back yard.

Orrs Bridge Spring (1 of 1).jpg

Deer Back Yard 2 (1 of 1).jpg

Edited by Mark Keefer
typo date
  • Like 6
  • On Point 1
Cheers, Mark

On 2/13/2024 at 11:30 PM, Mark Keefer said:

Happy Thursday, February 15, 2024, to all Canon Shooters and Photography enthusiasts.

I am starting this week's Canon Photo Thursday about 24 hours early as I will be tending to some other matters tomorrow and may not be able to start the thread tomorrow night. 

This is your chance to share your epic, fun, cool, and/or interesting photo with everyone here on PN. Show us your vision, your style, your projects, your travels, adventures, photo missions or just something you shot that captured your fancy. You all know the drill, post one, two, three, or more photos shot from your Canon EOS Camera (SLR or DSLR or Mirrorless, PowerShot, Rangefinder). Was your camera made by Canon? If so, post your shots.

This is Orr's Bridge Spring in Central PA, and we had snow in Southeastern PA today and the deer were visiting in my back yard.

Orrs Bridge Spring (1 of 1).jpg

Deer Back Yard 2 (1 of 1).jpg

Mark, I know this spring!  When I was a kid back in the 50's, we had a cottage on Sears Run Drive, and came to the spring to fill gallon jugs for drinking.

• Like 1

About once a week this Chicago Fire Department helicopter flies just offshore of Lake Michigan going north (city boundary is about two miles north) and returns in about 10 minutes. I don't know if it's a weekly check-out flight or if they're shuttling a bigwig back and forth. EF70-200 f/4 with EF to RF adaptor on R7. ISO 400, f/8 at 1/1200sec; 188mm. Cropped. I don't know if I need to bump up my ISO but I only had a few really sharp images from a burst of about 12 shots. 

ISO 400, 188mm, f-8, 1-1250 sec.jpg

• Like 8

On 2/14/2024 at 11:47 PM, Bill Neubaum said:

Mark, I know this spring!  When I was a kid back in the 50's, we had a cottage on Sears Run Drive, and came to the spring to fill gallon jugs for drinking.

Small world. My brother has a house about a mile from there. I grew up in the general area. I don't know if I would trust the water for drinking today. The area is far more developed over the last 70 years. It's not the wooded farmland it once was. I took a bunch of photos there last week from the bridge. I will post some more. 

Cheers, Mark

1 hour ago, Mark Keefer said:

Small world. My brother has a house about a mile from there. I grew up in the general area. I don't know if I would trust the water for drinking today. The area is far more developed over the last 70 years. It's not the wooded farmland it once was. I took a bunch of photos there last week from the bridge. I will post some more. 

Yea Mark, back in the day, Orr's Bridge was a wooden, covered bridge, and on the other side of it was all farms and corn fields.  I'm not sure when the bridge was replaced, I'll guess it was the '72 flood that wiped it out.  I live in Harrisburg, (Colonial Park), and use Canon gear for nature, wildlife, flowers, macro, landscape, and birds are my passion. (won 1st place this year in the Wildwood Park photo contest)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bill Neubaum said:

Yea Mark, back in the day, Orr's Bridge was a wooden, covered bridge, and on the other side of it was all farms and corn fields.  I'm not sure when the bridge was replaced, I'll guess it was the '72 flood that wiped it out.  I live in Harrisburg, (Colonial Park), and use Canon gear for nature, wildlife, flowers, macro, landscape, and birds are my passion. (won 1st place this year in the Wildwood Park photo contest)

I have seen photos of the old covered bridge and a painting., they were all covered at one time. That bridge has been replaced again in the last couple years. The farms are housing developments and a golf course. The Carlise Pike used to be a two lane country  road between fields...I know Colonial Park too. I would go with my parents to the old Sears there. I had friends that lived around Union Deposit when I was going to HACC. That is the time I got my first Canon 35mm with a range finder focus. I grew up on the West Shore and moved to the Philly area about 40 years ago after my first two years of college. There are a lot of great photographic locations around the Susquehanna River Valley.

• On Point 1
Cheers, Mark