jay dougherty

I have not been able to bring myself to unload any Canon cameras

because they all offer something unique. I thought the 10D would

allow me to dump the D60, but no: The D60's pics have a quality that

the 10D lacks, yet the 10D handles better and offers unique picture

qualities of its own. The same goes for other models I'm too

embarrassed to go into.

Can you describe that "quality"?

Keep what you use, sell what you don't. I'm getting ready to say goodbye to quite a bit of my EOS stuff that seems to spend most of its life on the shelf. Keeping stuff around "just in case you ever need it" is a bad plan, especially when you almost never do.

<a href=mailto:uce@ftc.gov></a>

Could this be a colour space issue? I.e. Images recorded in sRGB

space on the D60 but opened as if encoded in a wider gamut space

like Adobe RGB will show improved saturation and colour.

<P>

So Jay, can you describe your workflow? Have you profiled your

camera?

<P>I don't own an EOS D60 or 10D, but the image samples from Dpreview clearly show the 10D has an edge in sharpness:</P>

<P><A HREF="http://www.dpreview.com/articles/canoneos10d/page9.asp">http://www.dpreview.com/articles/canoneos10d/page9.asp</A></P>

<P>Of course, maybe they reversed the samples and the D60 is really slightly sharper.</P>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

quality is subjective, keep that in mind.

i LIKE the adobe rgb of the 10d over the sRGB of the d60. i swear it looks like, evaluating histograms as i try to reproduce shots i did with the d60 last year, that the 10d simply has more tonal detail than the d60, and i attribute that to the 65k tones per color of the 12-bit adobe rgb.

now here's the kicker a lot of folks dont understand - accurate color is BORING! it's pretty flat generally. i like that i get better control over my saturation and killer skin tones now - white folks turned beet red on the d60

i ALSO like how photoshop doesnt automatically interpolate my images the second i open them now (it will still do so with 10d adobe rgb images since they are not tagged and if you tell it to assign adobe rgb it will asume the source file is sRGB. always pick 'no color management' then image/mode/assign profile/working space)<div>004pII-12079284.jpg.8e4fb17a991ca0103dfd149dc7a75b83.jpg</div>

i agree Jay,that's why i stick with my canon and contax film camras,and just bought a canon V3,(and i get pretty good pics )aside from not being able to afford a DSLR. i really don't need anymore headaches. cheers ! pc