Film Camera Week for Jan. 5

17 hours ago, chuck_foreman1 said:

@'Jason   Excellent results with the Signet. Can I assume this is the Tessar type lens?  Were you using a yellow filter? I noted the very dark skies. 

Hi Chuck. Thanks! Yes, I believe the Ektar 44mm lens on the Signet is a 4 element Tessar type and I did add a yellow filter. I always think a yellow or red filter gives a nice result with B&W film. 

53 minutes ago, Mike Gammill said:

Yes, Gary it is an 8 track player.  Bought it at Radio Shack.  Speakers were a pair of 6x9 coaxials that I mounted flush in the rear deck. 

I think at one time or another we all had that setup Mike.

• Like 1

Yes, I used 8 tracks for a few years.  My first 8 track player was mounted between the seats on my 1969 Mustang.  It was mounted with the slot facing the shifter so it was easy to use without taking my eyes off the road. Had a pair of 5 1/4" speakers in rear deck.  I had an 8 track recorder so I could dub my records on to tape.  With the recorder and a good size record collection I didn't buy prerecorded tapes very often.  I think my first prerecorded was John Denver's Greatest Hits.  My last 8 track was an in-dash unit that I installed myself in my 1979 Pontiac Phoenix. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 6:36 AM, jason_withers said:

Hi Chuck. Thanks! Yes, I believe the Ektar 44mm lens on the Signet is a 4 element Tessar type and I did add a yellow filter. I always think a yellow or red filter gives a nice result with B&W film. 

Ohh right ..you were my inspiration to get one of those.. clearly the Ektar is a Tessar type. I've recently acquired more Kodak "stuff"  from this era. Were these also "Dia-postive ie B&W sldes?

On 1/22/2024 at 6:04 AM, chuck_foreman1 said:

Ohh right ..you were my inspiration to get one of those.. clearly the Ektar is a Tessar type. I've recently acquired more Kodak "stuff"  from this era. Were these also "Dia-postive ie B&W sldes?

Nice! Have you used your signet yet?  The Rollei RPX is a B&W negative film.