Istanbul - Turkey - Any Travel Advice

Hemant Deshmukh

Unfortunately, I have never been to Turkey and cannot answer your question. On photo.net, there is a Travel Forum, which may be better for this type of questions. However, it looks like there isn't much recent traffic over there, not that we are all that busy either. Hopefully someone here can help you, and you may want to try some other forums.

• Like 1

Great city, lots of photo ops. Just don't let some shoeshine boy talk you into stepping into an alley to get a shine. The old trick is to put a penknife behind your achilles tendon until you give him your wallet. If you accept an invitation of tea from a shopowner, you are expected to purchase something from him. The Blue Mosque and St. Sofia, the sultan's palace, Topkapi, all wonderful historic sites. The covered market, and of course all the ships traversing the Dardanelles. I've only been several times, good and not so good (rescuing Americans during a riot)...but loved the times I spent there. As always, camera safety is important, so keep it close and be aware of your surroundings. Have a great trip.

(old photos on my first trip) Fruit marketplace in the early am and the old police compound on the waterfront

FruitMarketplaceIstanbulPEN.jpg.1aa985d5b5d9f435e0078fa6d17ed2b1.jpg

SCL 1968 Turkish Police Compound Istanbul.jpg

• Like 2