Canon Photo Thursday November 23, 2023

Mark Keefer

Happy Thursday, November 23, 2023, to all Canon Shooters and Photography enthusiasts.

Once again it is time for this week's Canon Photo Thursday.  November is winding down to the last week. Some of us are celebrating Thanksgiving and some will see snow, others might be seeing sunshine and palm trees and flowers.  It's all just waiting to be photographed.Happy shooting wherever you are.

This is your chance to share your epic, fun, cool, and/or interesting photo with everyone here on PN. Show us your vision, your style, your projects, your travels, adventures, photo missions or just something you shot that captured your fancy. You all know the drill, post one, two, three, or more photos shot from your Canon EOS Camera (SLR or DSLR or Mirrorless. Was your camera made by Canon? If so, post your shots.

Here are some shots of our camp along the Mississippi and one shot from Joshua Tree last month. I am slowly getting to look through these shots driving back across the country and share a few here. 

Canon 5D MK IV .

Campsite along Mississppi 42227 (1 of 1).jpg

Campsite along Mississppi 42834 (1 of 1).jpg

Mississppi Barge 42843 (1 of 1).jpg

Joshua Tree 41731  x2100 (1 of 1).jpg

• Like 7
Cheers, Mark

2 hours ago, Trigger_Happy said:

Good sized RV you have there Mark! Love the mountain views. 

Thanks. It is a great photo mission vehicle. We have traveled to a lot of the country coast to coast in that rig and it has taken us to some great photo destination and allowed us extended stays around the country. There are pros and cons, good roads and bad, great destination and rough areas to navigate, sometimes needed repairs to the RV out on the road. All part of the adventure. We are back home and the RV has been winterized and is current in the shop getting a tune up and it passed Pennsylvania Inspection. I still have a few other repairs and roof maintenance to do. It's a small house on wheels constantly getting rattled on the road. Fortunately it is a well built machine and I am always working on it.

Edited by Mark Keefer
  • Like 2
Cheers, Mark

Rebel T7, EF 85mm f1.8 USM @ f2.

More practice shots taken in the backyard with my EF 85mm f1.8 which is fairly new to me (although the one I owned when I shot film my favorite lens).  The lens wasn't designed for digital photograpy or macro photography but gave it a try anyway.

In the first shot, I noticed the purple fringing around the sap droplets that were illuminated by sunlight and kind of liked the way it looked.  The second shot is heavily cropped to show that purple fringing and also brought out some green fringing in the background bokeh. 

I reduced the saturation on the third shot and that seemed to mitigate the fringing.

IMG_6112j.JPG

IMG_6113j.JPG

IMG_6117jam.JPG

Edited by zakslm
  • Like 6