Canon Photo Thursday November 2, 2023

Mark Keefer

Happy Thursday, Thursday November 2, 2023, to all Canon Shooters and Photography enthusiasts.

Once again it is time for this week's Canon Photo Thursday.  November is here and all the Autum colors and festivities and maybe snow for some, just waiting to be photographed.

This is your chance to share your epic, fun, cool, and/or interesting photo with everyone here on PN. Show us your vision, your style, your projects, your travels, adventures, photo missions or just something you shot that captured your fancy. You all know the drill, post one, two, three, or more photos shot from your Canon EOS Camera (SLR or DSLR or Mirrorless. Was your camera made by Canon? If so, post your shots).

Beale Street, Memphis.

Canon 5D MK IV - 

Memphis Beale 42468 (1 of 1).jpg

Memphis Beale St -Neon LightsRum Boogie Flippin Dippin-.jpg

Memphis Beale St -Empty Set of Beale St-.jpg

• Like 6
Cheers, Mark

1 hour ago, zakslm said:

Grand Canyon

Rebel T7 - lenses used, EF 85mm f1.8 USM, EF-S 55-250 IS II, EF-S 18-55 IS II, EF-S 10-18 IS STM

We were there last year. Great shots. Looking at the shadows in some shots, I am guessing morning shots? I missed the sunrise myself. Was to exhausted from drive down from Utah, setting up the RV Camp and running around the day before, so I slept in. 

Edited by Mark Keefer
  • Like 1
Cheers, Mark

1 hour ago, Mark Keefer said:

We were there last year. Great shots. Looking at the shadows in some shots, I am guessing morning shots? I missed the sunrise myself. Was to exhausted from drive down from Utah, setting up the RV Camp and running around the day before, so I slept in. 

Mark,

Thanks for the kind words. It’s hard to get a bad pic of the Grand Canyon. 

You  are correct. We got out at first light and were walking on the South Rim path at sunrise. It was our 3rd time visiting the canyon but the first time we were there at sunrise.

We took a sunset bus tour the day before but guess who grabbed his camera bag but not his camera?  I was sending some of the shots from the camera to my cellphone and forgot to put the camera back in the bag when we left to catch the bus!  We did get sunset pics on our cellphones so all wasn’t lost. 

Edited by zakslm
  • Like 2

I hope to post a few more photos over the weekend and I hate to post the same subject matter too often but I got this critter head-on this morning and could not resist! I did some similar shots a few days ago but forgot to manually set the ISO and the camera chose 6400! Even with LR denoise they were not very good. 

R7 with EF to RF adapter, EF 25mm extension tube with EF 100mm macro IS, f/16 @ 1/350 sec shutter which must be the max sync speed. ISO 400. Off camera flash with Vello reflector. Hand held but I braced against the wall.

1Y0A0187.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, zakslm said:

We took a sunset bus tour the day before but guess who grabbed his camera bag but not his camera?  I was sending some of the shots from the camera to my cellphone and forgot to put the camera back in the bag when we left to catch the bus!  We did get sunset pics on our cellphones so all wasn’t lost. 

Oh no, what a bummer. 😔 Sorry to hear. But some of these smart phone cameras are pretty good, not your Canon, but better than nothing. 

Cheers, Mark

2 hours ago, ajkocu said:

I hope to post a few more photos over the weekend - I got this critter head-on this morning and could not resist! 

Your pet centipede? 😀 Have you named him yet, Adrian? 😉 I know they eat bug larva and spiders, so probably keeps the house free of other critters. Guess when the bugs are gone you can feed him Purina Centipede Chow.  I hear they can live up to 7 years. About as long as a large dog or horse. Sorry, having too much fun kidding around. 🙈

• Excellent! 1
Cheers, Mark

1 hour ago, Mark Keefer said:

Your pet centipede? 😀 Have you named him yet, Adrian? 😉 I know they eat bug larva and spiders, so probably keeps the house free of other critters. Guess when the bugs are gone you can feed him Purina Centipede Chow.  I hear they can live up to 7 years. About as long as a large dog or horse. Sorry, having too much fun kidding around. 🙈

As Ralph Cramden would say: "you're a riot"! LOL that was humorous! I'm sure this is a different one from the other day. The other one looked like it had a bum right-side leg that got mangled. I hadn't seen a centipede in months and now they're starting to appear. I've heard that they take care of the other pests so I leave them alone as long as they pose for a few portraits. I am amazed at the detail some of these creepy crawlies have with that macro lens which is probably the best lens I have.

• Like 1
  • Very Nice 1