Canon Photo Thursday October 12, 2023

Mark Keefer

Happy Thursday, October 12, 2023, to all Canon Shooters and Photography enthusiasts.

Once again it is time for this week's Canon Photo Thursday.  October is here and all the Autum colors that come with it just waiting to be photographed.

As happens every Thursday, this is your chance to share your epic, fun, cool, and/or interesting photo with everyone here on PN. Show us your vision, your style, your projects, your travels, adventures, photo missions or just something you shot that captured your fancy. You all know the drill, post one, two, three, or more photos shot from your Canon EOS Camera (SLR or DSLR or Mirrorless. Was your camera made by Canon? If so, post your shots).

Here are some shots from this week's RV camping adventure in Joshua Tree. We got very lucky and got an RV Campground site inside Joshua Tree to camp all night. Hope you like these shots.

Canon 5D MK IV - 

RV Day Drivet in Joshua Tree-.jpg

RV Night in Joshua Tree-.jpg

Ghosts in JT (1 of 1).jpg

• Like 9
Cheers, Mark

I took my new camera out for a training walk today! Canon R7 with the 18-150mm kit lens. I've watched YouTube videos by Jared Polin and Tony Northrup to get familiar with its features and set it up. They each suggest some different settings but I've gotten a start. I do have some sharp squirrel tails as I was tracking one of those critters. I tried a few flying gulls over a very windy Lake Michigan but couldn't track it successfully. Maybe next time. The squirrel photo has some lens blur added to the background courtesy of Lightroom. 

1Y0A0052.jpg

1Y0A0056.jpg

1Y0A0060.jpg

• Like 6

This was a grab shot.  I was walking the dog back home and ran and got the camera and took a few shots - handheld.  

T7, 55-250, ISO 3200,  1/30th sec, f6.3,  -1 exposure compensation at 146mm.  Uncropped and more or less straight out of the camera.

Self critique:  Too grainy, should have shot at ISO 800 or below on a tripod at f8 or so and should crop the houses and porch lights out of the photo.  There is dust on the sensor (at about 3 o'clock) that I cleaned off after seeing the shots.  I'm not sure why the orange at the center of the shot look like layers instead of a smooth gradation.  

Suggestions and advice would be welcome and appreciated.

IMG_5090b.jpg

Edited by zakslm
  • Like 4