Looking for sensor cleaning products for the APS-H Canon 1DII and 1DIII?

mark_stephan2

I have APS-H Canon 1DII and 1DIII bodies that need sensor cleaning and I'd appreciate recommendations for cleaning products.  The problem I'm having is finding APS-H swabs and I'm wondering if I could use the smaller APS_C swaps, would that work?  It would be nice if it came in a kit.

Great question. Wish I had an answer. Wonder if a full frame swab could be trimmed down. But maybe to risky with edges being cut and  possibly creating a sharp edge enough to damage the sensor. Maybe would depend on material the swap is made of.

Edited by Mark Keefer
Cheers, Mark

I used to take my DSLRs without auto cleaning for cleaning by a retailer every two years.  It is very affordable and vastly more effective than what I could achieve.  Every two years worked perfectly, and I do a lot of lens changing.

• Like 1

yes, you can use a smaller swab. I use one that I purchased for APS-C on my FF bodies. The brand I bought is out of business, unfortunately.

My procedure is:

1. Start with a rocket blower, with the lens opening pointing down.

2. If that isn't sufficient, I use a static brush, a cheaper substitute for the Arctic Butterfly.

3. Only if both of those fail, I swab.

• Like 1