W/NW 2023 Pic-O'-The-Week #14

Welcome everyone to Week 14 of 2023, the Leica and Rangefinders W/NW Thread! Here's a scene from last night's performance at the Blues Alley jazz club in Washington, DC, with Antonio Parker on alto saxophone and Nasar Abadey on drums in a tribute to John Coltrane musicologist Andrew White.

Leica Q (116), 28mm f/1.7 Summilux

L1110555 (2)-DeNoiseAI-severe-noise-SharpenAI-Standard.JPG

• Like 9
  • Excellent! 1

Excellent shot allancobb; and so too billblackwell, though kodachrome does show up with some granularity in open skies when converted to b&w.  And Luis Triguez, that first shot really captures some of the character of the subject. My contribution is a shot of my stepson who met one of his former carers at a recent family lunch, though he tells me one of his current carers, who is in a band, is performing today (I doubt it, it's good friday here, and I expect the club to be closed. But who knows. I may get some shots).  With my monochrom and go to 75mm lens. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1).

L1003819.jpg

• Like 8

Well, after allancobb's performance shot, which was so good, some from me of a performance we went to. Not the performers, the light was not good - flashing disco lights., ah, search for the light,  So patrons. I'm sorry for the excess. We watch Ben Hur tonight, our oester repast. Again, with my monochrom and 75mm lens. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1).

L1003870.jpg

L1003869.jpg

L1003873.jpg

L1003875.jpg

• Like 8

On 4/9/2023 at 4:31 AM, arthur_mcculloch2 said:

Well, after allancobb's performance shot, which was so good, some from me of a performance we went to. Not the performers, the light was not good - flashing disco lights., ah, search for the light,  So patrons. I'm sorry for the excess. We watch Ben Hur tonight, our oester repast. Again, with my monochrom and 75mm lens. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1).

L1003870.jpg

L1003869.jpg

L1003873.jpg

L1003875.jpg

No need to be sorry Arthur, all nicely done, bring them on! And thanks for the generous comments.