Using EOS Metering System with Konica Manual Camera

brambor

I have EOS650 and soon will have D30. I also use an old all manual

Konica Camera. Lately I have been a little suspicious about the Konica

Metering. I was wondering whether I can use the Canon metering and

then use the settings in the Konica Autoreflex?

So far as the 650 is concerned, if you're using more or less the same focal length on both cameras and the same film speed then the answer is yes. Just read off the display in the Canon's viewfinder and apply them to the Konica. If you're using different film speeds, you'll need to remember to apply the appropriate correction.

If the focal lengths are different then you'll need to use caution when taking the readings from the Canon. If the Canon has the longer focal length in use, then, as a rule, things should be OK. If it's the shorter focal length you'll have to think about what portion of the image the Konica will see and adjust the exposure accordingly.

A meter is a meter so it shouldn't matter which one you use as long as the film speed settings are the same. Focal lengths shouldn't have any effect. I generally eschew P or A modes in favor of M and a Minolta Autometer. It is always a good idea to occasionally make sure your meter is calibrated correctly by testing with slide film and a gray card.