Question about the removal of posts containing anti-war photos

Alex,

<p>

<i>"So, Tony, how does this suit the rules as you see them? I would also like to see you write a critical examination of this photograph by applying the rules as you write."</i>

<p>

Your example would not be deleted, if that's what you're asking, but the ensuing 38 responses to it might be! :-) As far as a critical examination of the same photograph goes, I don't normally offer critical examinations of photography because I am not competent enough to do so, so I will opt out of that one if you don't mind.

Backups? We don’t need no stinking ba #.’  _ ,    J

Tony,

Hey some of mine deserve staying around too :)

i don't think one has to be "competent" to talk about photographs. I don't put my self in that league. All you have to do is be able to look at the image and put your thoughts into words. All kinding aside your insight is great, and at the risk of offending some it would be great to hear from you.

I'm glad I read this thread. I posted about 5 comments in that other one, all of which were BRILLIANT (of course) expressions of my political views, but which also had NOTHING!-ZIP!--BUPKUS!-to do with photography or the photographs shown, none of which were mine. And whatever my intentions were in my mind(clarity), this is not the place for such expressions, especially now, when the whole world is a bit... uptight. So thanks Tony, for you explanations, and even your quick fingers. You "hurt me bad in a real good way", to quote Patty Loveless.