Hello All,

I have been shooting mainly chromes for awhile now with the 6x17 but

now I want to get into B&W more heavily and I want to be able to

print my own images as I want to be able to have full contol over the

finished product.

COuld someone please tell me wher I can find an enlarger that will

support this film size???

I cannot find anything anywhere?

It is the same as an 8x10 neg but cut in thirds.

Thank you very much,

Kevin

I've been shooting 6x17 for about 12 years, and the length of the negative is about 6 & 7/10th inches long.<P>Quality Camera in Atlanta has at least one used 5x7 enlargers in stock, i am pretty sure it is a Durst. <P>Also check with Lens and Repro in New York City.<P>I've been shooting 6x17 for about 12 years, and the length of the negative is about 6 & 7/10th inches long.

A 5x7 enlarger should work, 7 inches being 17.8 cm.

If you want new, probably you only choice is the previously mentioned Zone VI. On the used market, there are two versions of this enlarger and people say that the current version (Type II) is much better for 5x7.

On the used market, the most common quality 5x7 enlarger is probably the Durst 138. The condenser version of these shows up regularly on ebay. Color head versions, which could be used as diffusion heads with the filters adjusting the light for VC paper, show up, but less often. If you buy used be sure that it isn't broken and that all the parts are there, and ideally that the accessories that you want are included. Because these enlargers are no longer made, parts can be difficult to find. Accessories other than lensboards might be surprisingly expensive, while if you buy them with the enlarger they will add little to the price.

You can find out more about the Durst, or even buy one, at http://www.glennview.com/ and http://www.durst-pro-usa.com/. You can get these enlargers at a significantly lower prices elsewhere -- these dealers have the advantage of knowing the product, checking that the enlargers are working correctly, doing some refurbishing, guaranteeing the product, etc.

While an 8x10 enlarger would also work, you probably don't want one: they will usually cost much more and they take up a lot of space.

If you browse the Older Questions under "Darkroom:enlarger/lenses" you will find more information about these enlargers.

• 2 months later...

We have several 5x7" Durst enlargers in stock. We also manufacture a very sophisticated 6x17" negative holder for Durst enlargers. Our prices can easily compete with ZoneVI prices and the quality certainly exceedes it.

Sincerely

Jens J Jensen, DURST-PRO-USA, Inc 503 846 1492

DURST-PRO-USA, Inc is a very small independent and personal company. You are welcome to contact us, or me personally, for any kind of advice in regards to Durst enlargers. durst-pro-usa.com

DURST-PRO-USA Inc, is a small company independent of the factory except for the fact that we are their distributor of optical enlargers. Our price level is certainly aimed at small individual users, and we back it with a 5-year warranty, 8 days of unrestricted right of return, our personal service etc.

Sincerely, Jens J Jensen DURST-PRO-USA, Inc and WORLD-IMAGES, Inc.