EOS 3 firmware upgrade

pok_hon_wally_yu

According to the tech at Canon Hawaii, the last firmware update was in early 1999. If your EOS 3 is newer than that, you won't need one. That one fixed the metering algorithms for dim light in early (1998) models. At that time, it was free. However, you can get an additional CF added if you want to use the extra buttons on Super L Telephotos.

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

Before I had the firmware re-programmed in my EOS3, the ECF was not reliable at all. It took about 5 weeks for Canon Canada to do the upgrade. After the camera came back, the ECF was much easier to calibrate and it is almost as reliable as my wife�s Elan7E. It was done within the first year I had the camera, so it was free. Also, it has 19 CF now, the last one being the same as the last one on the Elan7E.

Good luck

The latest firmware upgrade isn't installed in current EOS 3's being produced. The latest firemware upgrade as mentioned gives you CF 19, updates the metering algorithms and also the focusing algorithms. I had mine upgraded for free under warranty. There definately was a improvement although not noticable if you don't shoot to much.