Bodging

I had this old Asahi-Pentax camera case lying around cluttering up the house , the Camera died years ago and I no longer have it.

I decided to make the case fit on my Nikon FM2n as the Nikon does not have a case.

The fit is not perfect , but I think that it is OK , and hey , it is better than no case at all.

Unfortunately the front part of the case is too small to accept Nikon lenses , but this is fine , I will use it as a "Half-Case".

I might in the future think about cobbling together a lens protector of some sort for this case.

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

• Like 5

I've always been a little nervous about mixing brands for some reason, for example putting (say) Minolta kit in a Canon bag. But some years ago I acquired a beautifully made Canon FD Auto Bellows, which wasn't a lot of use to me.  I found that I could remove the FD camera mount from the bellows and replace it with part of a Minolta AF T-Mount. Now I can use my Sony Alpha 900 on it.

• Like 1

Ok , after some thought and sleeping on it , I think that I have worked out a way to be able to use the front part of the case on the Nikon , without the result looking too "Home Made" , detailed measurements will have to be made as some work will be needed.

(Thought------now that is the HARD part 😄😄😄).

I too am of the opinion .."hey , it is better than no case at all." .. I believe I got no response to a post a few years back ..looking for a pasable case & alternaive  for a Zashica FX1....
looks like your project worked out well and  will serve you weell down the road!

Edited by chuck_foreman1
  • Like 1