Rolleiflex SLX Opinions

Tslx

hey everyone, been looking on line for a little bit now and i realized my best options are either ask or go into a repair store and see if they would sell me the part I need, recently I purchased and SLX that previously came from an estate sale with a few lenses but the back door hinge on the body that the door hooks latch into on one side is cracked, back still stays closed as one ear is still on. Would anyone have a spare hinge to sell by any chance?

much appreciated,

T

Yes, that is how it looks like, fortunately it is a removable piece held down to the body with 2 screws, you can see the part in the photo. the ears that the hooks on the back door latch into broke off, kind smudged one of them with red as it would had been on there, now I`m really regretting not staying in college to learn cad, still might have to pick it up and grab a digital caliper measure it, draw it and print it out

rollei.jpg

IMG_0876.jpeg

Edited by Tslx

Yes 3D printing is probably your best option. However, it is still a bit confusing as to what is going on with the hinge. Is the broken "ear" on the back door, or on the hinge in your photos? Post a pic that includes the back door, that might help to understand better.

Whatever is happening, it could be costly to fix it, but it should be worth it, the camera is holding it's value quite well, so take it one step at a time, and also keep the word out for a replacement part/s.

indeed, I spent 10 hours today learning how to draw in cad to get something going, monday will receive a digital caliper and make and exact replica, well it will take some trial as what you are seeing is the bottom side of the hinge that sits on the body, the ears that form the latch have broken off(they will need to be adjusted after trying the first printed hinge I'm sure), when the release buttons are pressed on both sides of the camera there are 2 hooks on the back door that come together and release from the hinge the png file is the top view of the sketch i made ruffing the sizes

hinge-Temp0000.png

IMG_0882.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...