Some advice sought. 1936 super ikonta 6x9

So. took this out today, developed in Ilfosol 3, FP4 120. The scans are covered in small black spots (at least the ones I could manage to get focussed, and wound on successfully.  I initially cleaned the scanner, but then examined the negatives, they are covered in dust spots, miniscule white spots on the negatives.  I had cleaned the camera. So, my thoughts are, on how to proceed:

1. It's a bad film, try another roll. I doubt this. Ilford are pretty good

2. It's bad water, filter it;

3. It's bad fixer, and yes its old. It may be precipitated thiosulphate.

4 Clean thoroughly the film developing cannister.

Not sure what else I could think of. Advice sought. I will try to post a picture.  Regards, Arthur (apiarist1). Nope, can't do it - jumping between computers.

Well, yeah, the last step is spotting, but if you're doing things right that should amount to just a few tiny spots, not a major project. Putting a particulate filter in the line can help, along with fresh chems. I was able to enlarge negs with near zero spots, but scanning is harder because you have more surfaces to worry about.

Thanks for the advice.  I think I'll refresh the fixer, which is old, and try filtered water.  And thanks, kmac, I wasn't aware that old photoflo could do that.  And here's a confession, I used a couple of drops of 'Coles Ultra Lemon scented antibacterial dishwashing detergent' in the final rinse, thinking any surfactant would do.  Ahem.  Will need to rethink that one.  Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)