Hasselblad 2000 FC/M won't wind

Film_Lover

I own a Hasselblad 2000 FC/M which is generally in good shape, but I haven't used it for a couple of years, and just pulled it out. The problem is that it won't wind. When I try to wind, it feels like I am hitting a mechanical block. This happens both in F mode (shutter speed set to for example 1/60 and CF80 lens set to F), as well as in C mode (shutter ring set to C, lens set to some shutter speed).

I expect that the battery is dead and have one on order, but the camera is meant to function purely in mechanical mode when set to C on the shutter ring, and using the lens as a C lens.

I can depress the red button on the winder and get the shutter wound, and then it releases fine. I can remove and attach the lens, and remove and attach the back. The only thing that the camera will not do (other than using the F speeds until I get a new battery), is winding.

Does anyone have any expertise to share? I am afraid I am no expert here, and may have overlooked something. I am in Germany, btw, so in case someone knows of a place which does CLA or repairs, I am all ears.

• 4 weeks later...