W/NW 2022 Pic-O'-The-Week #50

allancobb

They are good shots. Allancobb, I could not but think of Van Gogh's solitary reaper in a field of wheat, death in the midst of life. The flags, the solitary walker, very evocative. And Billblackwellimages. They are so vibrant, the second shot - are they rapeseed?

My contribution comes from earlier this week - a trip to bountiful. Visited my mother before christmas. So that's the first shot - I've seen the future, and it's ugly. Then a plastic photographer at the food hall I had dinner, and then a couple of inexpert p&s pre focused  shots as I sat on George Street (Sydney's CBD main street), ruminating. It's an interesting technique. Worthy of further exploration.  All with my monochrom and go to 75mm voigtlander (aka cosina). I look forward to other contributions.

L1003694.jpg

L1003697.jpg

L1003699.jpg

L1003700.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent! 1

1 hour ago, arthur_mcculloch2 said:

... And Bill blackwell images. They are so vibrant, the second shot - are they rapeseed? ...

Nope - It's non-indigenous mustard. Once introduced it takes over and chokes out all other growth. It's nice to look at when it's new and ripe, but later it dries out and creates a huge fire hazard. It's very difficult to get rid of. 

Edited by Bill Blackwell Images

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

2 hours ago, luis triguez said:

756541960_006LRPayasoCS50.thumb.jpg.3be7752c27103f617672e1a80dd916c5.jpg

102261668_008LRPlazaMayorCS50.jpg.b3a887cede1ec1f683cc80bdb2d0d2a8.jpg

1864995417_009LRC.CiudadRodrigoCS50.thumb.jpg.f02d7307620909378971b5c61091519d.jpg

the three with 1949 Canon IIb and Canon Serenar 50 f1.9. Ilford FP4 Plus (ISO 125). Rodinal Special (1:15) 4' at 20ºC

1985421473_CanonIIbconCanonSerenar50.jpg.8115b5f1d7e908e4ff5da932de792209.jpg

my Canon IIb (MIOJ) (Made In Occupied Japan)

They are good. The first two shots, particularly the first. Film? Development? They have a character different to the serenar, at least what I think is a 50mm. But so good. Bravo.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bill Blackwell Images said:

No, it's Trabuco Canyon - near Cooks Corner, about a mile from my doorstep.

Ahh, In my High school and college days, bak in the late 60's, we used to hike Holy Jim Canyon which starts at the end of Trabuco Cyn.  One of my employers lives off of Live Oak about 1-2 miles down from Cook's Corner.  I'm glad they un-decided to tear Cook's down a few years ago, definitely an OC landmark.

• Like 1

"So that's the first shot - I've seen the future, and it's ugly" Arthur.

Science, not religion, from serious studies, from top universities; many think otherwise. Hard core scientific facts. Google.

Not really the place to discuss this. But think quantum physics,; conciseness never dies, it is a wave form....the basic construction of the universe is made up of waves...much like music.. . I like go to the root things, ,mostly ancient history.. ...  those who we call Israelite's were a variety of mercenary tribes paid to defend Egypt from the the mysterious sea people. Invaders.. Jesus only existed in the scribes of Jewish folk 100 years after his purported death. There is absolutely no archeology .or, written evidence he ever existed. 

Anyway, time for a photo...that's what we are all about. Apologies' if I've upset anyone ...but free thought is important. 

image.jpeg.04361e9447aed368327b0df229bf7592.jpeg

• Like 1