Polaroid CU-5

I have acquired a Polaroid CU-5 camera (http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Polaroid_CU-5) with the purpose of using the lens Tominon 4.7/127mm as well as the shutter Copal B - 1-1/125 (F/4.7 - F/45) When it is mounted and, once disassembled, set up the set in a Lens Board for the Graflex Century. Precisely the object of this entry is to ask if someone has experience in that disassembly of the CU-5 to do it in a safe way; In tending that I must first dismantle the past part of the front piece (removable by a rotating part) and subsequently the retention ring that holds the target/obturator set. Is that so? All help will be welcome.

In his day I shuffled the idea of attaching the front piece to a Fuji Instax Wide without lens to achieve an instant chamber, but it seemed quite complex to solve the coupling between these two parts as well as solve the problem of the approach, since the polaroid CU- 5 is fixed focus. If someone had thought about something similar I am all ears.

Regards

Edited by ljherrero
error

Just wade in and start dismantling the CU-5 - it's unuseable anyway. 

Once you get the Copal #0 press shutter unscrewed, it should be plain sailing. You'll just have to find a retaining ring to hold the shutter into a lens board for the Century Graphic. 

You might have to re-purpose one of the extension rings from the CU-5 in order to extend the lens enough for the bellows on the Century Graphic to have a useful focussing range. 

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the late reply.

The 127/4.7 Tominon is a surprisingly good lens.  I use one on a Century Graphic.  It is mounted on a perfectly normal 2x3 Pacemaker Graphic lens board and it focuses usefully close.  There's no need for extreme measures to use it.

As the OP should have learned by now, the lens' shutter is held to the CU-5 by a normall retaining ring, Compur/Copal #1 size.