FLYER

satya_v_rao

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 5:53 AM, derrick_sorensen said:

I might have cropped a little bit off the bottom or gotten a little closer and shot it with a steeper angle up almost as if you were under it looking up, just to get a sense of how big it is. Nice though! 

Very good idea. Next time if I am lucky I will try this. Thanks Derrick _Sorensen

I know exactly how it is to wander around 'an event' (in this case a fair), see something interesting and take a photo! This happens to me regularly, especially when I'm 'wandering around' with others (family, friends). You don't want to disappear for 15-30 minutes to find a 'perfect location' and 'perfect photo'.  But just critiquing this one photo, it depends on what you - ideally - wanted to capture with this shot:

- just the wheel?

- the 'fair' (with the wheel in the background?)

My feeling looking at this photo is that it's not really one or the other.

The wheel

As @derrick_sorensensays, an alternative would be to get closer and/or crop (jn PP) closer on the wheel; another alternative might have been to move to somewhere where you could have got a 'cleaner shot' (even if it's at 90 degrees). There are some unclear people bottom right that don't add to the photo. The same applies to some stuff on the right hand side. Don't forget that most PP programs allow you to 'remove' distracting objects.

The fair

If you wanted to show the wheel as part of the fair, then a wider shot (including more people) with the wheel in the background might have been better that just the unclear group at the bottom right of the photo.

I think that there's a lot that can be done to improve this photo in PP. Mainly through cropping bottom/left.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 8:22 PM, mikemorrellNL said:

I know exactly how it is to wander around 'an event' (in this case a fair), see something interesting and take a photo! This happens to me regularly, especially when I'm 'wandering around' with others (family, friends). You don't want to disappear for 15-30 minutes to find a 'perfect location' and 'perfect photo'.  But just critiquing this one photo, it depends on what you - ideally - wanted to capture with this shot:

- just the wheel?

- the 'fair' (with the wheel in the background?)

My feeling looking at this photo is that it's not really one or the other.

The wheel

As @derrick_sorensensays, an alternative would be to get closer and/or crop (jn PP) closer on the wheel; another alternative might have been to move to somewhere where you could have got a 'cleaner shot' (even if it's at 90 degrees). There are some unclear people bottom right that don't add to the photo. The same applies to some stuff on the right hand side. Don't forget that most PP programs allow you to 'remove' distracting objects.

The fair

If you wanted to show the wheel as part of the fair, then a wider shot (including more people) with the wheel in the background might have been better that just the unclear group at the bottom right of the photo.

I think that there's a lot that can be done to improve this photo in PP. Mainly through cropping bottom/left.

Very good observation. Points to be kept in mind while shooting such images next. Thanks a lot mikemorreIINL

• Like 1