Nikon D80 clock, am pm

cyana

Hi

New here today, but was member many years ago. Couldn't remember which email I used.

I was moving some photos from camera to phone and noticed the time of day was a.m. instead of p.m. I've had this camera for years and rarely move to phone, usually copy to computer, and don't remember this as a problem.  It's obvious that I'm not taking photos of birds at 3:00 in the morning!  I know there is no setting for am/pm, but wondering if there is some way to do this. I thought choosing time zone (EST) would correct it.

Thanks,

Bonnie

On the cameras I have, the camera itself is set to 24 hour time, so all times under 12 are AM.  If the computer has been reading them correctly, then the problem must be in the phone.

I have seen a couple of EXIF editing programs that claim to do time shifts, but I've never seemed to get them to work.  EXIF Pilot supposedly will do this with individual files (free version, but must pay for batch) and EXIFTOOL GUI, supposedly will, but when I tried it nothing happened.  You might have better luck there.