W/NW 2021 Pic-O'-The-Week #10

allancobb

I'm sorry if this works out as a double (or possibly triple) post. So to try again, all with my monochrom and go to 75mm lens:

The local bartrendress, who will leave to become a medical receptionist on Wednesday - she will be missed:

bartendress.thumb.jpg.e0984985d3cecf94a094d15a4a04e12d.jpg

And a friend, whose name I do not know - but we exchange seedlings, seeds. Do you have friends whose names you do not know. I know where he lives and have given him some our pomegranates. But his name. No. I stand indicted. He has a green thumb:

876203554_greenthumbs.thumb.jpg.ef45110a62dba147a8fa37e955b6f8b0.jpg

And the final, another patron

patron.thumb.jpg.e9fedbaa98d09a0d4e4e3228640424ad.jpg

I'm sorry for the stuff ups, and I hope this works, now. Regards, Arthur.

Edited by arthur_mcculloch|2
  • Like 5

Nice work. The 35 f2.5 lens was one of Tom Abrahamsson's favorites.

Many thanks Christopher! I love that lens, an excellent value that does the job nicely. It pretty much lives on my M8, but I use it frequently with my M240 as a moderate wide.

Coffee with friends, PP (pre-pandemic) even got some bunny ears... ;-) M4, 35mm Summilux

Arthur, it sounds like you're a keen gardener besides being a photographer. Probably too cool to grow pomegranates on Vancouver island but figs do well here. Take a look in the accessories area of PN for a thread called BIG tripod. It's a view of my mini farm.

IMG1241.jpg.2c3c42c5f98b333f2ea39c71d57e1454.jpg

• Like 4

Howdy everyone. Don't pop into this section of P.net too often, but I do shoot with a rangefinder. I have a lovely Voigtlander R3m. Here's a shot on Kodak try-X 400 and I'm somewhat sure this was shot using the 40mm f1.4 Nokton Classic multi coated lens. If not eh 40, it would have been using the 50mm f3.5 Heiar.

Cheers!

---_0199.thumb.jpg.6124adb02e09be13e649072ba8ab9805.jpg

• Like 5

Though I've never been inside to hear a concert, I've played in their outside area. I'm told from several people that the acoustics inside for orchestral music is simply amazing.

I believe that! Few things can match, sonically, that experience. Far as I know, almost all true "reference" recordings are orchestral, recorded with only a minimal number of mics capturing mostly ambient sound in similar rooms. To have that quality in such marvelous structure is a bit mind bending. What an awesome overall experience it would be to see a performance there.

Here's an old shot of mine of the Disney Center, from back in 2015 when my nephew was going to UCLA- one of only 2 times I ever visited LA.

Shot on my OMD EM-1 so NOT a rangefinder pic (sorry).

One could perhaps spend a lifetime shooting this building & never tire of doing so!

P1030122.thumb.jpeg.a654df1a4c4999dd2d6898dd31e3d3e9.jpeg

• Like 5

We used to park up near Disney Hall, walk and then walk down to Broadway and from there all over downtown. There's no bad angle of views for Disney Hall. There some good articles about, here's a quick overview for anyone interested. This article doesn't mention it, but I had read that Gehry wanted to build in stone but the stakeholder overrode that idea, also the metal panels created reflections that were hitting windows of adjacent blogs. and so they figured out which metal panels those were for certain times of the day, and actually lightly sanded the offenders to matte them down and stop the glare. All part of the backstory. Process | Walt Disney Concert Hall 10th Anniversary
  • Like 1