The fading Memory.

pavel_l.

I like this very much. The background is perfect. My only quibble is with the table - I wish it weren't there. Have you considered cropping the bottom and distributing the shredded pieces to hide the table completely, giving the impression of an endless pile of shreds running off the bottom? In any case, a very creative work worth printing and framing.

An arresting image. It reminds me of an old fashioned portrait studio ,which gives it a very staged and formal look which works well. Would it be even stronger if you upped the poltical ante and chose a page with a photo of your least favourite politician? In this country we had a saying that todays' news is tomorrows' chip paper.

I know this may not be quite what you're looking for, but I'm intrigued by that background. What is it?

Thank you MrAndMrsIzzy.

Here it is <www.amazon.com/gp/product/B094XYMNSR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1>

It has, of course, been done (A Banksy Piece Was Shredded At Auction In 2018. Now, It May Sell For Millions More), but it makes more sense than many fads in photography and art. ;)

Why the hell not?

Thank you JDMvW. I'm not sure what is your point (conceptual string installations)

My story is above and below the device.

I like this very much. The background is perfect. My only quibble is with the table - I wish it weren't there. Have you considered cropping the bottom and distributing the shredded pieces to hide the table completely, giving the impression of an endless pile of shreds running off the bottom? In any case, a very creative work worth printing and framing.

Thank you movingfinger.

I agree with your idea, table introduces some distraction.

For me "fade" and "shredder" don't go together; this isn't memory fading but being shredded.

Thank you Dieter Schaefer. Shedding is an allegorical process - its impossible to "read" anything from shredded pieces.

An arresting image. It reminds me of an old fashioned portrait studio ,which gives it a very staged and formal look which works well. Would it be even stronger if you upped the poltical ante and chose a page with a photo of your least favourite politician? In this country we had a saying that todays' news is tomorrows' chip paper.

Thank you charles_escott_new.

Yes it would be another possible turn.

"... Our perception of the world is a fantasy that coincides with reality."

Chris Frith.