PME45 Question

malvin_latief

Yes. It's a non-coupled viewfinder, so you have to tell it (via buttons on the side of the viewfinder) what the maximum aperature is for the lens you are using. Based on that information, and the light that reaches the meter through the ground glass, it does the job quite well. That particular prism also has an incident meter dome on top. The prism is very nice, just be aware that if you're likely to be changing lenses alot, having to tell the prism what the viewing aperature is all the time can get old. FWIW, your 500 CM was most likely bought used (right?), and a dandy person may have already installed a better screen than OEM. Good Luck with your Hassy!!

Malvin,<br><br>The answer is no. Not without adjustments.<br>Older screens are considerably dimmer than the newer Acute Matte and Acute Matte-D screens.<br>You need to apply a 1 stop correction when using the PME45 with older screens. The easiest way of doing that is through the ISO setting. Set it to a one stop faster (double ISO) film.

I agree with Q.G. but have found a 1.5 - 2 ev correction needed.

I took my 500cm into a HB dealer for a look at the latest screen and then took a reading with it installed and compaired this to a reading from my older type screen. This verified my estimation.

My results are more like Kennedy's. I need a 1.5 stop correction.

Also, my PME is an older one, apparently calibrated for the pre-Acute-Mat screen. I have to set the meter to a lower index when using the Acute-Mat. So if you get an older PME, it might work as is with an older screen. If you get a newer one, it would be best to spring for an Acute-Mat if you don't already have it.