Really Right Suff: New Quick Release B2-Pro LR & LLR

duncan_mcmorrin2

Folks,

I have been testing this

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/media/full_size/b2proLR_closed.jpg

quick release system system on an Arca Swiss B1 mounted upon a

Sachtler DA 75 L. I actually have the B2-Pro AS which fits my latest

model Arca. All I can say is "wow!"...this is all it's advertised to

be and despite the $112 price tag, I can highly recommend it!

Top end loading is a big plus and the lever lock save heaps of time.

Anyone interested in one, just go for it....IMHO..:-)

Yes, very nicely finished, too. I also got the plate for the D1x and another for the 70-180 AF Zoom Micro Nikkor. Very pleased with both of those, too. Also, while I didn't ever interact with the previous owner of RRS, I heard alot of people complaining of his abruptness. Well the current owner is very pleasant to deal with. I called him from here in Sweden and he chatted away, most unstressed. Fun transaction and as Arnold says: "I'll be back!"

Bests, Duncan

Hi,

I actually got some RRS quick release plates from the new owner. He is very pleasant to talk to and extremely helpful. I have never talked to the previous owner. I rang him from Australia and initially it went in to an answering machine but I did not leave a message as it is unlikely that he would ring overseas. But when I rang him the next day I told him about this and he said to leave a message next time so that he could even ring overseas!!!! I thought this is a great service.

I was also contemplating to buy this new clamp but was hesitant that the friction between the lever and the clamp could cause wearing off with time thereby not tightening the clamp properly eventually. This is a speculation only. Welcome any input from people actually owns this!!!