DC Rally this Saturday?

andrew1

"BTW, the conservatives gave Donahue a lot of help. Prominent conservatives appeared on his show regularly and provided spirited debate, which could only have helped his ratings. I believe was was only second or third in his time slot among the cable stations."

For the record, Donahue was initially forced by MSNBC to included many conservative guests on his show. Ratings were poor. When he finally broke free and began interviewing mainly progressives, the ratings climbed significantly and were actually higher than Chris Matthews'. That is when MSNBC pulled the plug. Re the leaked memo revealing that NBC did not want anti-war sentiments emanating from their shop, the network has refused comment, which speaks loudly, IMO.

This thread has gone on long enough and has undoubtedly induced coma in many unfortunate readers. I'm outta here.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert, I don't know if what you say about why Donahue was fired is true, but there is no entitlement to a TV show. It was the decision of MSNBC to make. This is NOT a first amendment issue, since that amendement certainly does NOT guarantee an audience. As far as I am concerned, Donahue is free to go and speak out against the war without government interference. There is NO entitlement to have a company provide 20 million viewers for that speech.

Fact is it never bothered me that his show was on the air, nor do I care if his show is off the air.

It seems that Udai Hussein (Saddam's son) has an affinity for public executions. He cuts off the heads of women, mostly from families that are opposed to the Iraqi regime. He also orders the rape and torture of Iraqi citizens. Do those women carrying signs calling Bush, Blair, and Howard "liars, deceivers, oppressors" (see Kristian's photo above) know this? Do they care? This time, the "peace" protesters do not occupy the moral high ground. They are enabling one of the world's most evil men to continue killing inncoents and they should be ashamed. I can't say it any plainer. Perhaps they should go and talk to a few Kurdish exiles about Saddam to get another perspective, one which they obviously lack.

I hope that when the war is over, every bit of evidence of Saddam's evil be broadcast over and over and over so the whole world can see it: mass graves, unspeakable crimes against humanity, tons of anthrax and chemical weapons, evidence of a nuclear program, banned missiles, etc. etc. Let the anti-war protesters see this evidence. IMO, they should be forced to sit and watch it over and over again, just as the American public has been shown the spectacle of anti-war protesters over and over and over again.