Leica MR Meters for M3

I am using an MR( bought used) and a M3 DS also just bought used. If the meter is working, despite what others have said here, it is superb and accurate as heck. I have calibrated mine against a Gossens Luna Pro and the Sekonic L208 that resides on the IIIg; it is tack on + or- 1/3 stop. Not bad for an old meter. Only caveat is to try and get a battery that will output the correct voltage as the current replacement for the Mallory mercury 625PX puts out 1.5 and the recommended voltage is 1.35. I have found a japanese battery that outputs 1.4V and the meter is a pleasure to use. If you need instructions for the MR, you can contact manuals2go.com and for $6.00 you get to download the set.

Best regards

The meter is unused in the box and the camera is almost the same...I think for $500. dollars I'll go for it and see how I like it with my 50mm...I know its off thread and I should repost, but I wondering if anybody has heard of Leica plans for a 50 1.4 ASPH. I have both the Summicron and Summilux and I find (which makes sense I guess) that the Summicron is quite a bit sharper and higher in contrast than the 1.4. A 50mm 1.4 ASPH that would focus to .7 or less is all I can ask for from Leica since they came out with the 28 2.0 ASPH...the only other lens I use.

D.Skagen

Dieter,

There have been rumors that a 50mm ASPH Summilux would be next out of the Solms box, but they are so far just rumors. What lends some credence to them is that it is the lens in the current M lineup in the most need of updating, so it would be a completely logical next choice.

Hi,

I have the M3 with the MR4 meter. It is a good combination. Easy to use and accurate. As for the battery, take a look at the Wein PX 675. This is a zinc-air cell and is a replacement for the PX625.

N.S.