Stolen Images

tebaugh

That may be the case but he should have asked the first time they were posted. (They haven't been posted in weeks). Also the way I read the photo.net terms of use he's in violation. I sent him an email like you suggested. I hope he removes them. Of course there are quite a few other photographers that might not appreciate their images being there.

Prohibited Usage of the Site

The materials available through the Site are the property of photo.net or its licensors (the users), and most of the materials are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Furthermore, photo.net has expended its resources to gather these materials and to publish them or to make them available to its users. You agree not to reproduce or distribute, or cause to be reproduced or distributed, any material on the Site, without the express prior permission of both photo.net and, in the case of copyrighted materials, the copyright owner, except for such reproduction as occurs in the normal course of reading or viewing the materials using a Web browser. Requests for permission to reproduce or distribute materials found on the Site should be sent both to photo.net and the original author of those materials or, in the case of photo.net features, to business@photo.net. You acknowledge that photo.net and the copyright holders will be significantly damaged by Your violation of this section in a manner that would require immediate injunctive relief. You are not relieved of your duties under this section because material was posted anonymously or under a pseudonym, because you cannot locate the copyright holder, because the materials are in the public domain, because the materials are available on any other web site or in some other form, or because you have the permission of either the copyright holder or photo.net, but not both.

This question belongs in the feedback forum, so that's where I'm moving it.

Also I'd issue a nudity warning on this folder (that should increase page views by about 12000%).

Not quite sure what's going on here, but It doesn't look right. I've emailed the owner to ask what he's doing. If I don't hear from him within 24hrs I'll remove the folder.

Bob, this guy's uploads consist of a single folder of photos he didn't take. I believe folder deletion should happen ASAP and user should make contact in 24h to avoid being banned.

Photo.net shouldn't keep a self-named copyright breaking folder online.

Best regards.

Please show me some evidence the photos have been copied without permission. I believe they have but I need some proof before taking action. For example point me to the folders where the originals are located.

I don't see any of the original posters current gallery images in the folder of the user accused of stealing images.

Ok Bob, I must agree with you. Proof IS needed and it simply isn't there. I've looking around (searching "nude" both in gallery and google) and can't find any duplicates either.

As you probably know, the "Mike Hill" in question is also a very recent member. But then, if that was enough, it would be fun to ban some new members just by accusing them at random :)

I'm trying to figure out what went on.

He somehow found a bunch of images on photo.net but couldn't locate the photographers. This may have been because the images had not been marked for public display. This isn't yet clear.

Then he took the images and posted them in a folder in some sort of an attempt to locate the photographers, but I don't know where of if he posted any messages.

It seems the clear intent was only to locate the photographers, but how he got the images in the first place is not yet clear. That's what I'm trying to find out now!

Note that the image which appears to be of Angela Holder (i.e. it's very similar in style to some of the images in her public folders) it isn't one which is actually found in any of her public folders.

If use the image title as the image ID# and set the URL to that image, it comes up with an "image not found or not publically viewable" message

Just how do you crawl photo.net to pick out only nudes (or at least images of females which imply nudity) from images that aren't in public folders. THAT's the real question that needs a real answer.

Why is this folder still permitted to exist?

Clearly this individual is in violation of the site usage agreement. Terry did not give his permission for use, nor has Angela, as you can see from her latest comment.

"March 12, 2003

Excuse me, I don't know HOW you got this, but I would like you to remove it right away. This is MY photo, I shot it in the middle of January along with a series of others, and you have blatantly stolen it. Please remove it promptly."

The fact is, if he had a legitimate reason for wanting to locate the owners of the photographs, then he could have contacted PN staff, or posted an inquiry in one of the forums stating the reason for his search. Instead he created a folder under his own name & illegally copied photos to this page.

Perhaps if he had framed these images in some garish border with a mascot, we might be a bit quicker at pushing the delete button....

The folder has been removed. When things don't happen instantly here there's often a good reason for the delay. It's not that complaints are ignored. If we have to spend our time explaining to people exactly what we are doing and why we are doing it, it takes even longer to get anything done...