Replacing mirror on a Voigtlander Superb last model

Hello,

I completely disassemble my Superb to clean the lens and replacing the mirror (it was completely deteriorated), but I can't figure out on how to remove the mirror (I'm thinking send it to re-silvering).

The image shows the mirror from above. Down (1) there is a screw. Up (2 and 3) I can see 2 notches where the mirror fits. I don't want to damage this piece, so any help will be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

mirror-voigtlander.thumb.jpg.0a84e6ab1fbb177af1a2e39dd70acfe7.jpg

I'm also no help on removing the mirror.. and it'S been a long time ago, but with a similar vintage Rolleicord (Art Deco pre-war) , I was surprised to see a compensation in the mirror mount to try and overcome some of the parallax error by close focusing. Perhaps what you are looking at here is similar?

I figured out how to do it... There are 2 screws who needs to be out, then just pulling the frame back and voila, the mirror slides on the slots...!

• 2 weeks later...
Manuel Martins:

Which 2 screws needs to be removed?

I saw one thread that says 6 need to come out to get mirror...

I have my grandfathers Superb, would hate to ruin it.

Thanks!

Hi. These screws are top behind the mirror box. You can find them on the pic. 6 on the Rick_van_Nooij link, just right next to where the springs are attached, on top. Remove these screws, and then slide back the mirror.

The top lens unscrews as a complete unit from the front.

The lenses and shutter can be removed by removing the knob from the focus ring, removing the single screw in the focus ring underneath it and then turning the ring to the 10 o'clock position, this unscrews the shutter from the focusing helical and lifts right out.

superb01.thumb.jpg.d7f362042c84598f1c940d760088b816.jpg

The top lens unscrews as a complete unit from the front.

The lenses and shutter can be removed by removing the knob from the focus ring, removing the single screw in the focus ring underneath it and then turning the ring to the 10 o'clock position, this unscrews the shutter from the focusing helical and lifts right out.

[ATTACH=full]1332882[/ATTACH]

Top lens unscrews normally anti-clockwise?

The bottom lens/shutter comes out as a block or the rear lens stays attached and must be removed from behind? I already manage to remove the front lens, but not the shutter...!

• 1 month later...

I've actually figured out how to remove the mirror, during the rebuild of my own Superb.

You have to remove the top of the camera completely (with the 6 or 7 screws hidden under the leatherette depending on which exact model you have) to get to the parallax correction mechanism of the camera;

This stage.

Superb08.jpg

Then, you have to remove these two screws holding in the ground glass frame.

superbmirror.thumb.jpg.e6d0930a5c3ef218ff9bb9e3357afbc9.jpg

With the frame off, you can slide the mirror out at the top.

Note: The screw at the bottom of the mirror is the adjustment screw for the view angle. There is no need to mess with this unless your viewfinder image is way off from what ends up on your film.

• Like 1