Why does Vuescan have no profiles for recent Fuji films?

What settings do you use for Velvia/Provia with Vuescan?

Without downloading the latest Vuescan (but looking thru the recent list of improved features and not seeing it), I've found the best I can do with Vuescan and my Velvia slides is set it on Color -->

Slide vendor: Kodak;

Slide brand: Ektachrome;

Slide type: E6;

Slide curve: Log (dark);

This works fine for most daylight shots, but night shots lose a little something...

Thanks

Matt

This produced best result for Provia100 slide film (may be worth a try with your type) with my Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II:

Device|Media type: Image

Color|Image curve: Gamma

Color|Color balance: Neutral (usually .02% clip both ends)

(or None, any clip done subsequent, in photoshop)

Color|Brightness: 1.25 (may vary)

Either using image curve: log dark, or going to media type: slide film, gave me yellow "artifacts" on highlights with the Provia100. Someone here suggested these settings. I haven't had time to really investigate, but did do a few problematic sldes, and they turned out great with these settings, very faithful to original.

Ed Hamrick got the profiles from Kodak. I think they make them available as part of their PhotoCD package. Fuji has not been as generous with giving out profiles so Ed doesn't have them in VueScan. If someone could point Ed towards a good source of fujifilm film terms I am sure he would be happy to incorportate them.

• 8 months later...