Macro flashes for Contax Aria

miles_hecker

I don't know anything about the Metz flash units, but the TLA 360 offers the most bang for the buck as far as utilizizing all the features on the Contax Aria. Esentially the TLA 360 is a Nikon SB-24 redesigned for Contax. The TLA 280 is a lot smaller, lighter and cheaper, but you'd miss out on the the flash exposure compensation with that. For macro work exclusively that wouldn't matter at all, since Contax is still in the 1970's and doesn't offer a TLA cord with 5 contact points (last I checked). Kirk Enterprises offers many devices to make any camera useful with any flash unit with a cord. Give them a call.

Great macro shots can certainly be made with a Contax camera, Zeiss lenses and any flash unit!

I use an RX with the CZ 100mm 2.8 Macro and TLA 360 mounted on the 100 series cord for closeups. This has proven to be a great set up and I'm sure the TLA 360 will work fine shooting macro with the Aria. I also have the TLA 280 but it does not work as well for the reasons someone else already mentioned.

Miles,

Not that familiar with the Contax, but it they have a sinc cord for it

I would suggest the Sunpak 622, This thing is a powerhouse, and has

several heads available, one of which is a ring light. Also available is a bare bulb head, and infra red, and several others. All TTL if a

sync cord is available. Just my 2cents

Phil Prater