Fascinating Dynamic Abstract ~ Gets created by Colourful Fountain

Rachana

Here goes ! It's certainly an interesting image, and I like the way that the action flows from the left side, through the actual variety of colours, and follows a faint light path up to the top right. So far, so good. However, the 'curlicues' of light, in the lower right, I find distracting, although I can see there is little you could do about them when taking the shot. I would have cheated (pardon me, used artistic licence) and introduced some appropriate colour to this area in PP, just to reduce their impact - maybe a little more green, or even mid to dark blue, as that is not represented in the original. Just my ideas - puts on flame-proof jacket and waits !

The main issue for me with this image is that there is just too wide a range of tones, causing the coloured patch which is the main area of interest to be far too bright and lacking in detail, being largely burnt out with no strong colours at all. While the large area of surrounding water is pretty much all the same flat bluish-black shade, featureless apart from the white bubbles etc, making the whole thing (to me) rather hard on the eye.

Perhaps it would be improved by making the bright patch much larger in the frame, and reducing the exposure to bring out the colour and detail which you have probably seen with your naked eye, but not recorded as such with the camera.

Edited by John Seaman

Hi @Rachan, it's an interesting image. For me, the most interesting elements are the smaller, finer ones outside the big 'blob''. So it's a good subject and well chosen! Congratulations on this!

My tips for improvement is to dial down the exposure (if you can, in PP) . The 'blob' is overexposed. less exposure the photo could be more mysterious. The elements outside the blob would become mere shadows.

The more viewers puzzle over what's in the photo (even if it's darkt), the more interesting it often becomes.

Mike