1990's Tokina lens on a Sony A7

Hi there,

I am in need of some advice. I would like to buy a Sony A7 body and use my old Nikon fit Tokina at-x pro 28-70mm f2.6-2.8 with it. The trouble is I am unsure of which adapter to couple it to the A7 with.

Do any of you guys know which adapter to use?

Thanks in advance any info would be greatly appreciated.

Craig.

That has an aperture ring, right? Any old plain adapter will do. Don’t get a speed booster - those aren’t for use on full frame cameras. You don’t need a G adapter either, unless you have some lenses without aperture rings that you also want to use.
  • Like 1

That has an aperture ring, right? Any old plain adapter will do. Don’t get a speed booster - those aren’t for use on full frame cameras. You don’t need a G adapter either, unless you have some lenses without aperture rings that you also want to use.

Yeah it has a aperture ring. Wells that good news then. I do have a 24mm nikon d prime so would the plain adapter work for that too? Also I'm guessing AF will be disabled on both lenses with a plain adapter?

Yeah, plain adapter for both, use manual focus and aperture. AF adapters exist but I don’t think there are any that work with lenses that don’t have built in motors.

Oh right so manual aperture too. On my D700 I set the manual aperture to f22 then from then on all aperture settings were set in camera. Thank you so much for the info