RZ67 FLASH

danielscheel

Hi everyone!

I am gonna be shooting with strobes tomorrow and my RZ67.

Would it work fine just attaching the trigger to the hotshoe on the camera? If so what is the max speed I can shoot without getting a black curtain.

I also have a 90mm, 140mm and a 50mm but I cannot find any information whether they have a leaf shutter so I can use faster speeds.

Thanks!

Daniel x

Any lens for a Mamiya RZ 67 has a leaf shutter, so that isn't a problem. As for sync speeds, be aware that radio transmitters introduce a very small delay between when you click the shutter and when the flash goes off. With my FP shutter DSLRs I generally shoot at 1/125 instead of the sync speed of 1/180 to be sure of accurate exposure. Also, some studio flash units have a fairly long flash duration so shooting at the top sync speed on a leaf shutter may result in a bit of underexposure, although this is probably not a serious problem unless you're shooting color transparency film with narrow latitude. Battery powered flash units generally have a much shorter flash duration than your top shutter speed of 1/400.

Any lens for a Mamiya RZ 67 has a leaf shutter, so that isn't a problem. As for sync speeds, be aware that radio transmitters introduce a very small delay between when you click the shutter and when the flash goes off. With my FP shutter DSLRs I generally shoot at 1/125 instead of the sync speed of 1/180 to be sure of accurate exposure. Also, some studio flash units have a fairly long flash duration so shooting at the top sync speed on a leaf shutter may result in a bit of underexposure, although this is probably not a serious problem unless you're shooting color transparency film with narrow latitude. Battery powered flash units generally have a much shorter flash duration than your top shutter speed of 1/400.

So shall i overexpose the fram slightly just in case?

X