Contax 11a parts

One of the biggest problems in getting a 'complete' (i.e. 'pure') Contax II is that parts are often switched over from the Kiev models.

I suspect that the spring clip is compatible with the IIa as well, but I really don't know that it is.

My earlier post referred to the spring lock on the lens mount, nothing else. The Kiev cameras are copies of the Contax II and III from the 1930's, not the IIa and IIIa from the 1950's, but they all share a common lens mount and any lens that fits a IIa/IIIa should also fit a I, II or III. There probably isn't much else in the way of parts that would transfer from a II/III to a IIa/IIIa.

So you are looking for the curved chrome piece with the little grooved knob on it that the lens latches in place with? Is that it? Yes a II or III or a copy won't provide the part you need. You need a IIa or IIIa body to strip the part off, or someone who has one. (but you already know that,,, ;)

• 2 weeks later...
So you are looking for the curved chrome piece with the little grooved knob on it that the lens latches in place with? Is that it? Yes a II or III or a copy won't provide the part you need. You need a IIa or IIIa body to strip the part off, or someone who has one. (but you already know that,,, ;)

Yes I have searched for a body for parts but I am not willing to pay that for just this part I have another !!a which is perfect and recently CLA'd by Advance Camera in Beaverton, Or. The damaged camera can function without the clip, however

• 3 weeks later...