prints won't center

There are posts here and there on this subject, but none solve my problem. I'm printing 11.25 x 16.75 images on 13 x 19 paper using Epson P800, Photoshop CC 2019, and Win 10. I choose 13 x 19 ("user-defined" by me) as media size and I have the "center" box under "position" checked, and "scale" set to 100%. The image is printed in exactly the right size but with .5 inch margin at top and 1.5 inch at bottom. Anyone had this problem?

If you want to move beyond printer issue and get the work done, add .5” to the top margin in Photoshop. Then create custom “13x19 Centered” template (or whatever you choose to call it) for use in the future.

Jeff and David, if I understand correctly, you are suggesting essentially the same thing, and I can see that would work. I tried setting scale to 100%, uncheking "center" and setting the "top" and "left" margins in the printer menu to exactly what I wanted them to be. Didn't work. 'I' doing exactly as I did with my Epson 3880 where I didn't have that problem. Seems like it must be a bug in the printer driver. Anyone ever try to get through to Epson tech support?

Rodeo, the paper trimmer will remove the wide margins, but not add to the margin that is too narrow.

There are posts here and there on this subject, but none solve my problem. I'm printing 11.25 x 16.75 images on 13 x 19 paper using Epson P800, Photoshop CC 2019, and Win 10. I choose 13 x 19 ("user-defined" by me) as media size and I have the "center" box under "position" checked, and "scale" set to 100%. The image is printed in exactly the right size but with .5 inch margin at top and 1.5 inch at bottom. Anyone had this problem?

OK, I got a solution from Epson after a long phone call. It is indeed a bug, in the one setting that is not the same as in the Epson 3880. It can only be fixed via the printer touch screen, not via your computer. Touch Setup (the wrench icon), then System Administration, then Printer Settings, and then Horizontal Centered. The printer ships with Horizontal Centered ON. Turn it OFF. End of problem.

Thanks to all who weighed in.

• Like 3