AGFA Selectronic Sensor Issue

Hi there.

First post but I read a lot here. I know there are a couple folks here with some experience with AGFA sensor cameras. I have having the toughest time with a couple AGFA Selectronic Sensors I have purchased from a know auction site.

Broth were supposed to be working. One is in pristine condition but once new batteries are in, the test light won't come on and the meter doesn't read anything. Shutter speed indicator just remains in the "tripod" area regardless of what light camera is pointed at. Shutter seems to be working. I purchased a second in a bit more used condition, again supposed to be working and again same issue. I feel like it might be me. lol. That being said, brand new batteries used and they are in properly.

One other thing, can someone tell me what the lever on the front that has a V on it is for?

Edited by 10975041

First thing to check are the contacts of the battery tray. Contacts and wires which are close to (former) mercury cells are prone to corrosion. You can clean the contacts with a glass fibre eraser pen.

Second, these cameras are a bit tricky. I had a sample with a broken light meter cell. On another one, almost all the wiring was severly corroded and even the electronic board inside the shutter assembly was affected. Also, they are everything but simple to repair...

So try to clean the contacts and maybe you are happy then.

The V lever sets the self timer (V = Vorlauf in german, which translates into delay)