Manually moving the film counter on EOS 5

andy10

Hi.. a stupid question.. Can the film counter be manually moved on a

canon EOS 5.. what happened is that I had a film loaded and was

caliberating my camera for ECF, accidentally something happend and

film rewinded.. that time the roll still had 15 snaps left.. Just

wanted to know if I can reload the roll and move the counters

manually to start again at counter 16.. thanks in advance

I'm not sure stomping your lens is a good idea. But stopping it down usually works. :)

You just need to blast through those frames in manual mode so you don't produce any exposure on the film where you've already taken photos. You might want to do this in a dark room if you're real paranoid, and you may also want to skip one more frame than you had before, just in case it doesn't take the film up exactly the same as it did the first time.

No, the "standard" function on an EOS 5 winds the film all the way back in. You need to set a custom function to leave it out (and even then it only does this in the creative modes).

You don't need to skip a frame either as the IR film advance mechanism is so accurate. I've swapped films mid-roll loads of times and never needed to skip a frame. Once of the joys of the EOS 5 IMO.

Rather than fast shutter speed and small aperture, take off the lens and put on the body cap � or � put on the lens cap as well. Even the smallest amount of light may affect your exposures. Also, you need to snap off an additional frame to prevent overlapping from your last exposure.