RZ67 FLASH

danielscheel

It should be possible to sync it with your camera, but that would require a hot shoe to pc cord attachment to the pc terminal on your lens. Also, from the looks of it the exposure automation seems designed to link to current DSLRs and late model automated 35 mm film cameras. It does have manual exposure control, but you would need a flash meter to be able to accurately set exposure, or use a DSLR to check exposure before exposing film with your Mamiya. I don't know much Spanish, so I may have missed something in the listing you posted.

Practically speaking, small flash units like this don't supply that much light for a large camera like yours where you will typically want to be able to stop down the lens for enough depth of field, especially if you want softer light via a soft box or umbrella.

From what I see in the photos and description, it is a pretty simple flash with no TTL or automatic mode, so I understand it is a fully manual flash.

It should work in the RZ, either -as AJG mentions- on the lens barrel via PC cord or directly on the hot shoe in the camera body (not so convenient because the hot shoe is on the side). You can also use a hot sync to PC adapter, I personally like this way.

BTW, the description is quite misleading with such list of cameras included because the flash looks to lack a dedicated circuit, so it only works in manual mode and should work this way any camera with a hot shoe. Users say instructions only came in english and chinese.

Edited by jose_angel