Nikon Z-Mount Lens Roadmap

ShunCheung

Lenstip used comparatively low resolution 22MP full frame cameras in their Canon mount tests (of course, this is still a commonly used resolution), Lenscore used 200MP. I think it would be difficult to extrapolate from the 22MP results, how the lenses would perform on higher resolution sensors such as 45MP, 50MP, or future higher resolution models. Without doubt the Sigma 85mm Art is an excellent performer.

I think lenscore have stopped their activities in testing new products but the website continues to be available. DXO also have been quite passive. It seems that lens testing doesn't pay well enough to continue.

• Like 1

Leica lenses score well in the center, but fall off in the corners when used on a digital camera. The effect is barely noticeable for a 90 mm lens, but pronounced at 50 mm and renders 35 mm and shorter lenses almost unusable. My lenses are older (60's and 70's), with wide variations of color and rendering between them. Ken Rockwell has examples comparing Leica lenses of various vintages, with similar results. This may be of little concern for portraits and street photography, but landscapes need sharp centers, edges and corners.

The lens roadmap just got updated:

the 24/1.8 and 20/1.8 trade places

4 additional lenses in 2020 (instead of 3)

7 new ones in 2021 (instead of 8).

Dieter, is this the source of your information?

ニコン、超広角ズームレンズ「NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S」を海外発表 Zマウントレンズのロードマップが更新

ニコン、超広角ズームレンズ「NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S」を海外発表 Zマウントレンズのロードマップが更新

Not sure how dependable that site is; I am not at all familiar with it. In any case, a lot of these schedules could change so that I would take it with a small grain of salt, especially for things past 2019.

I prefer to see it on a Nikon-owned site, but the change is very minor and all this info is subjected to change anyway. The only unannounced lens that I am confident about is the 58mm f0.95 Noct. In fact I am a bit surprised that the 14-30mm/f4 S precedes it.