Faux questions ... Ersatz answers, add your own

hyatt_lee

What should be used to trim away the protective cloth blocking the film gate? I made a mess of it with my exacto knife.

The Exacto knife is obviously the problem here. I rummage through medical waste and retrieve used scalpals for this type of duty. Sometimes, I make these ventures into scavneger hunts with the kids and teach them about biology all at the same time....

Not Leica related but rather good all the same...<p>The label on our Christmas turkey said "Defrost in a refrigerator". My wife asked how people defrosted turkeys in the days before they had refrigerators.<p>I actually had to think about it for a while.

How come my Leica lenses have diaphragms if I'm only supposed to use them wide open?

How come my Leica lenses have filter threads if I'm never supposed to put a filter on them?

How come my Leica has a tripod thread if I'm never supposed to use a tripod?

Will using my Leica for landscape photography void the warranty?

Bob F. - In all seriousness, when Pat and I went to the Marithaous in The Hague in 1975, I had my M4. The old guard looked at me - - and at my M4 - - and then viciously spit out: "LEICA!!

When I answered him, he softened immediately, as he determined that I was a American.

My Leica stayed on a peg in the wall while we toured the exhibits, including two Vermeers. Leaving, the old gentlemen gave my M4 back to me with a dispassionate face.

I had forgotten that Holland was passed by during the Allied invasion of Europe, and wasn't liberated until the Germans surrendered in May of 1945

The Dutch have *very* long memories. .