Focomat 1c and APO-Rodagon-N

mrbutterworth

I would like to put an Rodenstock APO-Rodagon-N on my Focomat 1c. I have been told that it will work, but I cannot determine if I will need an extension tube or not.

Is anyone using this set-up that might know?

Any other recommendations as to a "better" lens for the 1c? I have looked at the Focotar-2, but I they are getting twice what the Rodenstock costs.

Thanks,

The problem isn't so much one of having the lens the proper distance from the film (which may require an extension tube. I don't know). The problem is that unless the APO-Rodagon-N has the EXACT focal length of the cam set-up the enlarger won't track focus correctly as you raise and lower the enlarging head.

Nick:

I put a 50mm Schneider Componon on my 1C, and had to use an adapter from 26mm (?) to LTM adapter. I purchased the plastic version from B&H and would pay the $ for the metal one if I had it to do again. Otherwise it works fine. As to the exact focal length that Al Kaplan referenced, I believe you could move the head up or down on the column to adjust for this difference. You should not need an extension tube with the Rodenstock.

Did you locate a negative carrier, or build one?

Cheers