Film Camera Week for December 22

Great shots, James. You should get over to West Point on the Saturday before Labor Day (Prairie Arts Festival) for lots of photo ops. The Sally Kate Winters Parkway is a route that I walk quite often.

Here's an image from a few winters back from a little further along.

[ATTACH=full]1224689[/ATTACH]

Parkway angel, Canon EOS Rebel K with Tamron 19-35, Plus-X

I do need to need to go to the Prairie Arts Festival. Where is the Sally Kate Winters Parkway? Is it the old C&G right of way?

I just got(another) FM2n in the mail today, and I wasted no time putting in some Ektar 25 that's probably amost as old as the camera.

I know calling an FM2n classic is probably stretching things, but at least this one does have a honeycomb shutter so I think that makes it pre-'88 or so. At least is is all mechanical.

• Like 1

James- Sally Kate Winters Parkway begins on Churchill Road in West Point. Take right past Fastbreak (Churchill Rd.) and travel a few minutes (passing through a four way stop and a two way stop). Just beyond the two way stop the beginning of the Parkway starts on left. Their is a replica of the Stature of Liberty a short distance along the sidewalk. The parkway is between 3 and 4 miles in length depending upon what is considered the end. I can post the exact miles from highway 45 later.
  • Like 1

James- Sally Kate Winters Parkway begins on Churchill Road in West Point. Take right past Fastbreak (Churchill Rd.) and travel a few minutes (passing through a four way stop and a two way stop). Just beyond the two way stop the beginning of the Parkway starts on left. Their is a replica of the Stature of Liberty a short distance along the sidewalk. The parkway is between 3 and 4 miles in length depending upon what is considered the end. I can post the exact miles from highway 45 later.

Mike, Thanks. Sounds interesting.

Yes it is. It was named in memory of a former mayor's wife. Now that I think of it I believe that most of it actually goes by that name. The park it passes through is the Sally Kate Winters part. It continues north of Main St. although that part passes through a few neighborhoods that are a bit dodgy.

Here's one from close to Churchill end of parkway.

upload_2017-12-27_9-46-18.jpeg.9e989ecf7393494e9e0162f12f5d15e3.jpeg