What lens cant you live without?

nthomas

it used to be my 24-85mm F3.5-4.5,it used to live in my EOS 1,now i got the 50mm F1.8 II, this one now lives with my EOS 5,but i always have the 100-300mm USM F4.5-5.6 with my EOS 5 gear,and the 100mm USM F2 and 550 EX with my EOS 1 gear.my favorite now is my newly purchased 50mm F1.8 MK II,its just incredible. you should buy one too,if u dont have it yet.. pc

P.S. i shoot almost anything interesting ,people ,,birds,diff.animals,cars,landscape,,etc. so long as my eyes like em.never sold any photos,but have gotten paid very well doing numerous wedding ceremonies thru the years.still can't call myself pro yet tho. cheers,,,pc

EOS 5 and the new 50mm 1.8 MK II, AV mode,F5.6,flash sync 1/200,9built in flash),fuji superia 400,,of my sisters pet,taken two nights ago.

I do a combination of travel and street photography. Though I've spent a big chunk of change on a Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, I have to say that the most important lens in my bag, that I will always have with me, is my 28-135 IS. When I have to leave the bag behind, this is the lens I choose.

As photographers we sure get attached to good glass, and always seem to want more. John Shaw calls it "lens lust".<p>

On my D30, I value the Canon EF 50mm f1.4, because of its ability to capture <a href="http://www.rainbowtheatre.com/images/lesmis/lesmis_casta/battle.jpg">natural-looking theatre</a> and <a href="http://www.rainbowtheatre.com/rhythmgreen/2ndhalf/e_toddmeaghan.jpg">concert shots</a>, even under "coal mine at midnight" lighting conditions like the battle scene from Les Mis, and mixed stage lighting like the musicians.<p>

On my EOS3, I like using the Canon EF 100mm macro USM, with tripod ring, because of its versatility as a closeup, portrait, and candid lens.<p>

Any one of Canon's three 70-200mm L zooms is also a joy to use.

i did not contribute my answer when i asked the ?

my only lens at this time is the 50 1.4 and it is great.

very sharp and is light weight, i have used the 70-200 2.8 and it is very sharp also but a little heavy for me.

but the 50 1.4 is great and im sure it will be my #1 until i get the

16-35

Without a doubt, if I could only keep one it would be the 50 1.4. I use it for landscapes, candids, event coverage (weddings, parties, etc.), and general use such as family outings. It is also great in low light because it is fast and somewhat short, therefore very easy to handhold.

Having said that, my favorite lens to handle is the 200 2.8, because its build quality is top notch, AF is very fast and very quiet, & it is bright and sharp.