Film Camera Week for July 14

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol! "Look! There's a huge patch of Poison Oak. Let's build a campground in it!"

I went to the Ranger Station and asked them about it and I also asked if they thought it was ok to reserve camp sites for people with children which we did have. They said yes it's ok because they have signs around. The good news is we spotted it right off and we made the kids aware and to sear shoes and long pants the entire weekend. None of us developed a rash but I am not going to camp there again. The park also took a beating last winter and the hiking trails are closed so all you have is poison oak and the Big Sur rivers to splash around in. After the ranger visit I did bring up just packing up and going home. We voted and I was the only one that wanted to leave so we stayed and just stayed out of it and kept a sharp eye on the two little ones. Louella is 5 and she understands the risk when she is told about it, but the 2 y/o just has to be watched like a hawk.

I went to the Ranger Station and asked them about it and I also asked if they thought it was ok to reserve camp sites for people with children which we did have. They said yes it's ok because they have signs around. The good news is we spotted it right off and we made the kids aware and to sear shoes and long pants the entire weekend. None of us developed a rash but I am not going to camp there again. The park also took a beating last winter and the hiking trails are closed so all you have is poison oak and the Big Sur rivers to splash around in. After the ranger visit I did bring up just packing up and going home. We voted and I was the only one that wanted to leave so we stayed and just stayed out of it and kept a sharp eye on the two little ones. Louella is 5 and she understands the risk when she is told about it, but the 2 y/o just has to be watched like a hawk.

I'm glad you all survived unscathed. It doesn't sound very relaxing, though.

I'm glad you all survived unscathed. It doesn't sound very relaxing, though.

It all worked out ok in the end. Our next camping trip is going to be at Calaveras State Park in the Sierra's. It's a much nicer place to go car camping. .