Long exposures with Fuji GS645W

alastairwatson

Hey there,

Does anyone know whether the T setting in the gs645w is the same as in the gsw690ii/iii? Part of me feels like I need this camera in my life but being a long exposure fan, I'm not sure I can be bothered to use the hat method and winding the film on to end an exposure. Could be a deal breaker. Cheers, Alastair

The GS645W which is a GS645S with a 45mm lens instead of a 60mm uses a separate gray T button, residing at the right part of the lens as you look the camera from above, for long exposures. The procedure is you press this button to start the exposure and when you want to end it you press the release button. The correct method to do the same with the GSW690III is to set T, press the release and at exposure end move the speed dial from T to 1. Winding may cause stripes in your film if the lens is not covered.

Thanks for your response giovanni, I was hoping the gs645w would have such a mechanism. With regards to the gsw690, I'm using square filters and changing from t to 1 is not possible due to the lens hood. The camera manual actuallly states to advance the the film to end an exposure in this case. Not ideal I know :mad:

The GS645W which is a GS645S with a 45mm lens instead of a 60mm uses a separate gray T button, residing at the right part of the lens as you look the camera from above, for long exposures. The procedure is you press this button to start the exposure and when you want to end it you press the release button. The correct method to do the same with the GSW690III is to set T, press the release and at exposure end move the speed dial from T to 1. Winding may cause stripes in your film if the lens is not covered.

Thanks for your response giovanni, I was hoping the gs645w would have such a mechanism. With regards to the gsw690, I'm using square filters and changing from t to 1 is not possible due to the lens hood. The camera manual actuallly states to advance the the film to end an exposure in this case. Not ideal I know :mad:

I don't get it: how do you change settings if the hood blocks the dials? Some people remove the hood for that reason I believe but I don't know how.